Hi there! I’m Jen. I live in a little cozy house on the prairie with my farmer hubby and our two kiddoes.
Most days our house is a mess and I drink way too much coffee. I like to dabble in photography and gardening. And I could spend hours a day reading without feeling the slightest bit of remorse.
We homeschool, which means you will usually find our table covered with “treasures” like rocks, dead bugs, and mushrooms brought inside by curious children for further analysis.
Our little home is an hour away from the nearest Wal-Mart (which I guess could technically put us in the middle of nowhere), so we enjoy a slower paced life in the country…most of the time.
Most importantly, I love Jesus. With my whole being.
Want more details about the blog? Keep reading!
Why Our Cozy House?
Life in our cozy house is all about focusing on what matters – seeking more of what fills us up, and leaving the crazy behind at the door. Pursuing moments of goodness and beauty in daily life. Intentionally seeking simplicity. Choosing to slow down and create spaces of margin in our days. Remembering that what we already have is enough.
Do you crave a peace-filled life? I know I do. I’m tired of crazy and drama. Lately I’ve found myself on a journey of pursuing peace – and God is teaching me, over and over, that REAL peace only comes from knowing Him. I can’t create peace. I can’t produce it. Peace isn’t dependent on my circumstances or relationships.
Psalm 34:14 English Standard Version (ESV):
14 Turn away from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
John 14:27 New Living Translation (NLT)
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
I find peace when I pry my eyes off of myself and seek and pursue Jesus instead. And that’s becoming the center of everything I say and do (and write).
And through it all, I hope our home becomes a place of peace, where people are welcome to come as they are.
It’s my prayer that this blog can chronicle real life in our cozy house.
What can you expect to find here?
- Bible study tips and encouragement on growing closer to God.
- Exploring what contentment and peace-filled living looks like.
- Creative tips and ideas for living with less.
- Easy, frugal ideas and DIY projects.
- Tips for making home a rich but relaxed learning environment.
- Ways to have some good old fashioned fun. (Think: camping and exploring and unplugging for a while!)
- Setting goals that move you toward having simpler, smoother days.
What WON’T you find here?
You WON’T find an expert, Bible scholar Christian who has it all together. And you won’t find Pinterest perfect projects or photos. I’m a hot mess just doing her best, you guys. 😉
But you will find someone who’s walking alongside of you, sharing the ups and downs of real life. Will you join me? It’s way more fun to do life together.
A few of my favorite posts:
- My Super Simple Morning Bible Routine
- Getting Organized One Page at at Time
- Books to Get Your Kids Hooked on History
- Worry or Worship
- Introverted Homeschooling Moms, Unite!
- What Gardening Taught Me About Spiritual Growth
- Three Easy Ways To Cook on Your Wood Stove
I’m so glad you’re here! Settle in and enjoy browsing. I hope you stop by often. 🙂