Hi there! I’m Jen. I live in a little cozy house on the prairie with my farmer hubby and our two kiddoes.
Most days our house is a mess and I drink way too much coffee. I love words. Writing is my jam. I dabble in photography and gardening. And I could spend hours a day reading without feeling the slightest bit of remorse.
We homeschool, which means you will usually find our table covered with “treasures” like rocks, dead bugs, and mushrooms brought inside by curious children for further analysis.
Our little home is an hour away from the nearest Wal-Mart (which I guess could technically put us in the middle of nowhere), so we enjoy a slower paced life in the country…most of the time.
Most importantly, I love Jesus. With my whole being.
Want more details about the blog? Keep reading!
Why Our Cozy House?
“Cozy sets the mood for connection. Coziness feels like grace and welcoming abundance,” writes one of my favorite author/bloggers, Myquillyn Smith.
YES. I want life in our cozy house to be warm and inviting and peaceful – a place where people are filled up, where crazy and chaos gets left behind at the door.
Do you crave a peace-filled life? I know I do. I’m tired of crazy and drama. Lately I’ve found myself on a journey of pursuing peace – and God is teaching me, over and over, that REAL peace only comes from Him. I can’t create peace. I can’t produce it. Peace isn’t dependent on my circumstances or relationships.
Psalm 34:14 English Standard Version (ESV):
14 Turn away from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
John 14:27 New Living Translation (NLT)
27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
I find peace when I pry my eyes off of myself and seek and pursue Jesus. And that’s becoming the center of everything I say and do (and write).
What can you expect to find here?
- Bible study tips and encouragement on growing closer to God.
- Exploring what contentment and peace-filled living looks like.
- Creative tips and ideas for living with less.
- Easy, frugal ideas and DIY projects.
- Tips for making home a rich but relaxed learning environment.
- Ways to have some good old fashioned fun. (Think: camping and exploring and unplugging for a while!)
- Setting goals that move you toward having simpler, smoother days.
What WON’T you find here?
You WON’T find an expert, Bible scholar Christian who has it all together. And you won’t find Pinterest perfect projects or photos. I’m a hot mess just doing her best, you guys. 😉
But you will find someone who’s walking alongside of you, sharing the ups and downs of real life. Will you join me? It’s way more fun to do life together.
A few of my favorite posts:
- How to Plan Your Best Year Ever
- Migrating to a Bullet Journal
- How to Use Journaling for Spiritual Growth
- The SAHM’s Guide to Self-Discipline
- 8 Camping Must Haves for Beginners
- Introverted Homeschooling Moms, Unite!
I’m so glad you’re here! Settle in and enjoy browsing. I hope you stop by often. 🙂